Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chicago to London to Edinburgh

Hello all!

This blog will not be the lonest, but I thought it would be necissary to write on my first day. I am a little tipsy at this point, so no need to ridicule my typing errors. The flight from Chicago to London was not as bad as I thought it might be. I was able to watch two movies (Taken and Yes Man) with dinner and listen to music which helped the time pass. After we got off the plane we went through customs where we were asked a ridiculous amount of questions for which we had no answers. Regarless they let us pass and we continued on to downtown London by subway. While in London we got some cheap breakfast and went in search for the Zoo. Since we were only there for six hours, we ended up walking through reagent park, a beautiful garden and walk-way for patrons. We then proceeded on a train from London to Edinburgh which took aspproximently four and a half hours. The train ride had beautiful(scenery) and we were able to pass out for a bit. When we arrived in Edinburgh we were met by Nick's family friend Gavin, who attends the University of Edinburgh. He walked us to our Hostel where we checked in, showered, and took off for the night. Since we had not slept in 24 hours, Gavin made us some pizza at his apartment and we continued on to a Pub after. We had a good amount to drink for the condition we were in. Not sleeping + jet lag + pints = dead. We went out with Gavin and his roommate Russ and had a great time. Many things happened along the way but I am honestly too tired to type them right now, since it is 1:15am here. Tomorrow we will site see and I will post as soon as I can after. I am sorry for the terribly bland blog, but I would rather sleep!!

Till next time....

Peace!

3 comments:

  1. im glad you guys made it safely...but really skills? aspproximently? how bout, approximately? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real question is... How many of the blog entries will be made in a state of sobriety?

    ReplyDelete